Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Manchester Tragedy

I live in Fuengirola, Costa del Sol, Spain. This morning taking my kids to school we crossed a busy main road with the help of a local policeman, a young man in his twenties. “Why is he wearing a gun?” My nine year old son asked me. “To protect himself” I answered. “From whom?” “From bad people” I replied. “Where are they?” ask my five year old daughter, looking behind her. “They are not here now but he has to have it just in case he needs it.” When we reached the car park my son said “dad why can’t he talk to the bad people like you do to us when we do something wrong, why does he need to shoot them?” “Just because he has a gun it does not mean he is going to use it, I am sure if he meets any bad people he will try to talk to them first.” I started the car and after a few minutes my daughter said “I would shoot them if they were very bad because they do not listen to their parents.” I put music on and we started singing, but I could not help thinking about two young police women in Manchester who met their death by the hand of a bad person who never listened to his parents, if he ever had any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics